What Is The Second Wind Club?
Second Wind Club Was Formed In 1992 In New Orleans, Louisiana For The Sole Purpose Of Helping Those In Need. We Are Mothers, Fathers, Children & Artist Attempting To Help Anyone Who Needs Uplifting. We Also Create Poetry Cards For The Patients Of Children’s & Shriners Hospitals.
Our most recent focus is aiding families who are victims/survivors of Hurricane Katrina.
What Items Can The Families Use?
1. Clothing (For Women, Men & Children)
2. Non-Perishable Food Items
4. Coloring books, crayons & toys
5. Toiletries…toilet paper, soap, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioner and deodorant
6. Feminine hygeine Items
You can donate these items by:
1. Emailing Us At email@example.com and we will then match you up with a family in need.
How Can you Help In Your Community?
To help a family hurt by any disaster or a local shelter use a few of these ideas:
1. Shop online and have items sent to the families or shelter
2. Purchase gift cards and have them sent to the families in need
3. Go shopping with your family for basic items you may already know the shelters may need
and as a family go and delivery it to the residents of the facility.
How And When Can We Be Contacted?
Postal Mail: 13909 Nacogdoches #105
San Antonio, Texas 78217
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 210-587-2562 (office)
504-232-3353 (M-F between the hours of 9am to 5pm CST)
Poems To Stir A Soul’s Second Wind:
Along with helping the homeless we also love brightening the days of kids who are hospitalized in Childrens and Shriners Hospitals. These hospitals work effortlessly to save lives and enhance lives of children who have disabilities and cancer. We (myself & members who are writers) create poems and short stories. Those poems and stories are then printed out on decorative stock cards and paper. We then send them to the patients in Childrens & Shriners Hospitals in Louisiana, Texas and California. We welcome any writer(s) interested in joining this venture. If you have a poem or story you wish to share with the patients please email us at email@example.com and we will be more than happy to have you become apart of this wonderful project.